MX-5 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Measuring Range in Steel
1.00 - 199.0 mm
0.040 - 8.00 inches
The DAKTOA ULTRASONICS MX-5 Wall Thickness Gauge
accurately measures wall thickness and the extent of corrosion of all metals, ceramics, glass and most rigid plastics - from only one side!
The MX-5 can be used in a Scan mode or a Single Thickness Reading mode or, where the probe is dragged over a large measuring area. The minimum thickness reading recorded during the "scan" will be displayed.
The MX-5 probe can be submerged in water as it is waterproof. The gauge is impact-resistant and environmentally sealed to provide trouble-free operation under the toughest field conditions.
- Large, backlit LCD display retains last reading
- Resolution of 0.01 mm (0.001 inch )
- Special-purpose probes are offered for a variety of applications
- Simple operator controls virtually eliminate training
- Switch-selected units for inches or mm
- For underwater surveying, probe cable lengths up to 50 feet are optionally
- RS-232C Serial output for sending single data points to a printer or computer
- Differential Mode
- Alarm Mode
- Includes NIST Calibration Certificate
- CE Certified
TICC-M Protective Holder for Ultrasonic Gauges
- Constructed from heavy duty Cordura Nylon
- Belt loop included
TI-25-UW-50 50 Foot (15 m) Underwater Probe / Cable Assembly
- 50 Ft. Length, Waterproof Probe/Cable assembly with non-polarized, Dual-Lemo connectors.
TI-SB Steel Test Block with NIST-Traceable Certificate
- Precision Machined and Finished
- Includes NIST Report and Test Data
TI-SB4 Uncertified Steel Test Block
- Uncertified Steel Test Block
- For convenient confirmation of thickness gauge calibration
TI-V-BLOCK Transducer Holder
- The V-Block transducer holder offers the operator greater control and repeatabily when measuring on pipes and other curved areas.
For 3/16" & 1/4" Transducers only.
- Compatible for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
The MX-5 is supplied as a complete kit with the gauge, probe, 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, 2 AA batteries, NIST Calibration Certificate, and Operating Instruction Manual - all in a foam-fitted carrying case.
|| Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces
||9 mm (0.350")
| Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces
||77 mm (3")
|| Minimum Headroom
||26 mm (1")
|| Minimum Sample Diameter
||4 mm (0.150")
||Minimum Substrate Thickness - F
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - NFe
Range in Steel
1.00-199.9 mm (0.040-8.00" )
4½ - Digit, 0.5" Backlit LCD
2.000-10.000 m/sec (6,500-33,000 ft./sec)
1/4", 5 MHz, actual wearface is 5/8" (17mm)
1.2 m (4 ft.) waterproof cable with non-polarized, quick-disconnect connectors. Optional lengths up to 15 m (50 ft.).
Ambient:- 30 to 50° C (-20 to 120° F)
Material: -20 to 100° C (0 to 200° F)
Special high temperature probes are optionally available.
Two AA batteries
64 x 114 x 32 mm
(2.5 x 4.5 x 1.25")
Probe/cable assembly. 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, NIST Calibration Certificate, 2 AA batteries, operating instructions, hard-plastic carrying case.
Gauge: 5 Years
Probes: 90 Days