MX-2 Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Gauge
The MX-2 is ideal for the person that tests a few different materials regularly. The MX-2 contains 8 velocities of common materials and two velocities that can be set using a simple software program.
Even in dim light conditions, the tool's backlit display is easy to read. The unit operates for up to 200 hours on a single set of batteries.
The MX-2 comes complete, ready to use, and is protected by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
The MX-2 has 8 set velocities and 2 that are custom to the user's applications. The set velocities are as follows:
1. Steel 4340-(.233)
2. Stainless Steel 303-( .223 )
3. Aluminum 2024 - ( .251 )
4. Cast Iron -(.179 )
5. Plexiglass -(.106 )
6. PVC - (.094)
7. Polystyrene (.092)
8. Polyurethane -(.070 )
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters, and meters/second.
- Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 199.99 millimeters) switch to select English or metric units.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements.
- 8 pre-set velocities and 2 custom velocities
- Ability to change between velocities without the use of computer software
The MX-2 is supplied as a complete kit with the gauge, probe, 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, 2 AA batteries, NIST Calibration Certificate, and Operating Instruction Manual - all in a foam-fitted carrying case.
TICC-M Protective Holder for Ultrasonic Gauges
- Constructed from heavy duty Cordura Nylon
- Belt loop included
TI-25-UW-50 50 Foot (15 m) Underwater Probe / Cable Assembly
- 50 Ft. Length, Waterproof Probe/Cable assembly with non-polarized, Dual-Lemo connectors.
TI-SB Steel Test Block with NIST-Traceable Certificate
- Precision Machined and Finished
- Includes NIST Report and Test Data
TI-SB4 Uncertified Steel Test Block
- Uncertified Steel Test Block
- For convenient confirmation of thickness gauge calibration
TI-V-BLOCK Transducer Holder
- The V-Block transducer holder offers the operator greater control and repeatabily when measuring on pipes and other curved areas.
For 3/16" & 1/4" Transducers only.
- Compatible for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
|| Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces
||9 mm (0.350")
| Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces
||77 mm (3")
|| Minimum Headroom
||26 mm (1")
|| Minimum Sample Diameter
||4 mm (0.150")
||Minimum Substrate Thickness - F
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - NFe
0.63 to 199.99 millimeters
0.025 to 19.999 inches
1250 to 10,000 meters/sec
.0492 to .3937 in/µs
2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches
Range in Steel
4½ - Digit, 0.5" Backlit LCD
1/4", 5 MHz, actual wearface is 5/8" (17mm)
4 ft. (1.2 m) waterproof cable with non-polarized, quick-disconnect connectors. Optional lengths up to 50 ft. (15 m).
Ambient:- 30 to 50° C (-20 to 120° F)
Material: -20 to 100° C (-0 to 200° F)
Special high temperature probes are optionally available.
Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
Probe/cable assembly. 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, NIST Calibration Certificate, 2 AA batteries, operating instructions, hard-plastic carrying case.
Gauge: 5 Years
Probes: 90 Days