1/4" - 5 MHz Hi Temp - 900 °F / 500 °C Dual Microdot connectors, top-in
HIGH TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT PROCEDURE
- Grind exessively rough or corroded surfaces smooth for proper coupling
- Measure temperature of test surface
- Select appropriate couplant and transducer for the application
- Perform a probe zero according to the gauge manual.
- Apply couplant to probe face and then couple to the test surface. DO NOT APPLY TO THE HOT TEST MATERIAL FIRST.
- Use only light transducer contact pressure to achieve proper coupling.
- Look for the measurement value to be displayed within 1-2 seconds.
- Gently rock the probe, if necessary, to get a displayed value. DO NOT INCREASE CONTACT PRESSURE OR REMAIN IN CONTACT FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS TO AVOID DAMAGING THE PROBE.
- Uncouple the probe and immerse in cool water or air cool until the probe returns to ambient temperature.
- Wipe remaining used couplant from probe before applying new couplant for the next measurement.
Internal probe temperatures above 150 °C can damage the probe, resulting in excessive ringing. loss of sensitivity or total probe failure.